Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Project A Week...

One project a week for 1 year.
I have seen it done with recipes so I thought, why not with DIY projects? What better motivation for me to actually get done all of the projects that I have saved over the years in my favorite's bar, clipped out of magazines and now pinned up on my pinterest board? I thought about doing 1 a day but I don't want to be stressed out trying to accomplish the task. Plus the fact that I have 2 kids in dance, gymnastics, school, my work, my own school, etc. I have to have some creative energy left for all of that too!!
Most of my projects will not be original but I will put my own spin on most of them. I LOVE Pinterest so I will get a lot of ideas from there.
Oh, and another rule is that I am not limiting myself to only one project a week. If it ends up being an easy project and I want to finish two or three than I can. So I hope that people enjoy watching me do this and following my blog. Stay tuned!


Project #1 - Pom Pom Necklace

I saw this on a fellow blogger's site that was taken from another site and I fell in LOVE with the idea. Especially with having 2 little girls who love flowers and headbands I thought that learning how to do this would be lots of fun for years to come. This photo is my result of the necklace I made and I can't wait to wear this!!
Project #1 - Pom Pom Necklace
I made it in one night sitting on my couch with my hubby while watching a movie. I have to admit that it was a lot of fun and I am definitely going to do more of these in the future. I think my next one will be for my daughter on a headband.
 The one problem with it is that I burned my fingers a couple of times with the hot glue gun...OUCH!! But it was all worth it in the end. And it also makes a mess - lots of little fabric pieces all over so if you try this, I highly recommend that you put down plastic or newspaper for easy clean up.

Here is where I found this idea and also the full tutorial.
http://www.littlemissmomma.com/2010/12/pom-pom-bib-necklace-tutorial-lmm.html Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment